Kidderminster Beer & Cider Festival
This popular event takes place annually over 3 days at the beautiful and historic Kidderminster Town Hall in Vicar Street – just a ten minute walk from Kidderminster railway station.
In 2019, we welcomed 930 guests and sold over 3,100 pints of beer and 340 pints of cider. Interest in wines and the new Gin Bar was also impressive. There was £652 raised for the 2019 charity, the Alzheimer's Society.
The next festival takes place from:
* Thursday 5th, to Saturday 7th November, 2020 *
We look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones at our Festival, and other events through the year! If you want to be kept informed of progress and plans for the 2020 festival:
- Follow us on Facebook;
- Drop in on this website;
- or Join CAMRA for monthly emails and branch meetings (among other benefits).
- An offer of over 40 interesting and unusual beers expertly chosen from nearby and farther afield. All beer styles will be there, from golden ales, rich and hoppy bitters, copper ales, full-flavoured IPAs culminating with dark mysterious porters and stouts. There will be beer styles to suit everyone and all tastes!
- With a rich heritage in the area, we offer a selection of 15+ real ciders and perries from local producers displaying the marvellous range of flavours and styles being produced.
- A Craft Gin Bar offers a selection of speciality and local Gins, with recommended mixers and garnish.
- Entertainment – Friday evenings are traditionally our live entertainment night, with contemporary and folk acoustic performance.
- Beer Tour – Guests are invited to a tour of some of the different beer styles on offer around the bars, led by an experienced CAMRA beer taster.
- Tutored tasting session – This is a great way to get to know more about what’s in different beers and how that affects the pleasures of drinking different beers. For a small fee, you’ll be introduced to six varied beers and given fun and interesting insights about them.
- Designated Driver offer – free entry & 2 complimentary soft drinks.
- Seating and tables in the Hall, with drinks served in the connected Corn Exchange.
- Hot food and cold snacks available.
If you have a suggestion, comment or proposal for our festival, send an email to ku.gro.armac.tseroferyw@lavitsef or message our Facebook page.
The festival is wholly run by volunteers – we owe them tremendous thanks! As well as pouring drinks, there are other roles in greeting guests, selling drinks tokens, stewarding, and catering and coordinating for the volunteers. They are rewarded with the feeling of a team job done well, tokens, and a subsequent “thank you” event. Why not volunteer in 2020? – Details will appear on this website closer to the time.
Thanks again to our 2019 Sponsors and Advertisers
Our appreciation and thanks go to the generous and supportive sponsors and advertisers without whom the festival wouldn't be possible. Thanks also to the 2019 charity, The Alzheimer's Society