Kings ArmsRed House Road
Friendly pub on the outskirts of the urban area. Since opening in 1840 there have been just 19 licensees with a long succession being local brewers, the Allen family, holding the record. There are three distinct areas to the ground floor including bar, lounge and restaurant along with a dartboard, pool-table and juke box. A very plush heated covered smoking area with TV and sofas provides a comfortable setting for those inclined to spend their time outside along with a large beer garden for families to spend time with their children. Families are welcome in the pub, as are well behaved dogs. In the bar there's a handy collection box for recyclables - batteries, printer cartridges and spectacles.